Revolution Digital offers carbon negative hosting. Our hosting goes beyond carbon neutrality by funding additional international carbon offset projects. Our website hosting has been carbon neutral since May 2009.
Staff travel will be minimised and the lowest carbon mode of transport used wherever possible. If feasible a meeting will be held online or by conference call instead of travelling. If a journey is avoidable it will not be made.
All computers and equipment will be switched off when not in use. Printing will be minimised, using electronic copies of documents wherever possible.
We will minimise waste generated from our operations, and recycle / re-use as much as possible.
Continuous Monitoring and Review
Revolution Digital is committed to ensuring that the environmental impact of its operations is minimised wherever possible, and as such will ensure the environmental impact of our operations is continuously assessed:
- Ensure the company is in full compliance with all relevant statutory environmental legislation
- Measure and minimise the companies direct environmental impacts including energy use and the production of waste and carbon dioxide
- Reduce, where possible, the need for movement of both goods and people. Where movement is necessary we will ensure that environmental impact is minimised
- Procure goods and services in a socially and environmentally responsible manner
- Provide appropriate resources and any necessary training for staff to ensure that they are able to fulfil the commitments outlined in this policy